Monday, July 16, 2012

"There's no great loss without some small gain"

There has been alot to blog about the last couple weeks, but I just haven't had the heart to write.
My grandfather, "Opa" Dutch, passed away on June 26th to a bout of pneumonia. He was 84. We were all able to visit Michigan for the services and mini-family-reunion that occured as a result of his passing. There was just so much to think about surrounding his passing that I really don't think I could do it justice here. I don't even know how much I've processed, or if I ever will. To me, he's still alive, just in a different, unspeakably brilliant Place.

But as Ma Ingalls said, "There's no great loss without some gain" and I know the gain was some special times with my family. First of all, I was able to trek to Michigan with my brother John, so we had about 30 hours from Tulsa (where he flew to meet me) to Grand Rapids and back to talk. We caught up on the fourteen years since I had married and moved out. Thankfully, Mom was able to get to Michigan from the Middle East also.

We visited with my Dad and Sandi as well. It was comforting and sweet to see so many loved ones.










No comments:

Post a Comment